Endpoint Monitoring Security Analyst
Position: Endpoint Monitoring Security Analyst/Engineer
Company: COMPASS LLC
Location: Baltimore, MD
- Serve as an endpoint monitoring and security information event management analyst/engineer for client endpoint monitoring engagements.
- Serve as cyber security technical advisor to client organizations and advise on appropriate response activities in the event of a security incident.
- Lead implementation of endpoint monitoring solutions and serve as a direct client interface with a range of client stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience implementing and operating endpoint monitoring solutions for end-user client organizations. This position will be responsible for leading endpoint monitoring solution implementations and working with client information technology staff. The candidate will have prior hands-on endpoint management technical experience, including managing workflow and coordinating efforts. Further, the candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with cross functional team members.
The candidate must demonstrate experience and understanding with the following:
- Support endpoint security monitoring systems and provide tool administration support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure new and maintain existing services as necessary.
- Establish and maintain operational, configuration and other process/procedures to ensure effectiveness of new and existing detective and preventative configuration policies.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot endpoint monitoring solutions on Windows desktops, as well as Windows and Unix servers.
- Draft and maintain technical installation, configuration and customization specification documents.
- Support planning, coordination and execution of system changes per established enterprise change process.
- Security +
Additional Preferred Certifications:
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Cybersecurity/IT/Computer Science field
- 4 – 7 year(s) of relevant experience
- Carbon Black (required)
The majority of duties will be performed in an office setting; the employee may be required to attend off site meetings and other directly related functions. Duties are normally performed within the scope of the normal work day, occasionally based on workload and the demands of the position it may become necessary to work longer than an 8 hour day.
DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. ALL PERSONNEL MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES OUTSIDE OF THEIR NORMAL RESPONSIBILITIES FROM TIME TO TIME, AS NEEDED.